Our Straight Up yoghurt is the perfect partner for whipping up dips, dressings and marinades. Baba Ghanoush is a middle Eastern classic and simply delicious served with some warm flatbread *drool*
Alrighty, you’ll need:
– 300g Straight Up yoghurt
– 4 medium – large eggplants – 30g extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzlin’
– Pinch of smoked paprika
– Squeeze of lemon juice, to taste
– Salt & pepper
Now you just need to:
1. Preheat the oven to 220C, line a baking tray with foil.
2. Slice the eggplant to 1cm thick rounds and lay out on a baking tray. Drizzle over some oil, salt and pepper.
3. Roast for 25 mins until the eggplant slices are soft and slightly golden.
4. Once out of the oven, remove the eggplant skin.
5. Add the eggplant, yoghurt, extra virgin olive oil, paprika and seasoning to a bowl or blender and blitz until the desired texture.
6. Squeeze in the lemon juice and adjust to your taste.
Top tip: Top with pomegranate for some crunch!