Lookin’ for a warming Winter dish? Give this gut-lovin’ Masala Spiced Baked Chicken with Mango Turmeric Kefir recipe a try!
MASALA BAKED CHICKEN WITH MANGO TURMERIC KEFIR
Alrighty, you’ll need…
4 whole chicken thighs
1 cup The Collective Mango Turmeric Kefir
2 tablespoons oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon Kashmiri chilli powder
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon garam masala
1 tablespoon ground cumin
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
2 teaspoons coriander powder
2 teaspoons turmeric powder
1 teaspoon salt
Optional: 1 tablespoon beetroot powder (for colour)
The Collective Mango Turmeric Kefir
Fresh coriander leaves, chopped or picked
Cooked basmati rice
Red onion slices
Now you just need to…
1. In large bowl or container, whisk together the marinade ingredients until well combined.
2. Remove and discard the skin from the chicken thighs. Cut 4-5 slashes across the meaty side of each thigh for the marinade to get into. Add the chicken to the marinade, fold and rub until well combined. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours.
3. 30 minutes before cooking, remove chicken from refrigerator. Line a baking try with foil and place a rack on top of it. Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Remove the chicken from the marinade and place chicken thighs onto the baking rack.
4. Bake for 20 minutes. Brush both sides with marinade and bake the other side up for a further 20 minutes. Increase the oven temperature to 220°C, flip a final time and bake for further 10-15 minutes until the chicken is just beginning to char.
5. Serve scattered with coriander with cooked basmati rice, fresh cucumber and red onion slices. Include a small bowl of The Collective Mango Turmeric Kefir on the side for dipping.