Mmm looks good doesn’t it? Our Plant Fudge is an office favourite, and @thatgreenolive has come up with an indulgent way to use it; an ‘Espresso Yoghurt Cake with Fudge Labneh Swirl’ recipe to share *drool*
Alrighty, you’ll need…
- 1 tub The Collective Plant Yoghurt – Fudge
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup The Collective Plant Yoghurt – Natural
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp espresso powder dissolved in 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Now all you have to do is…
- In a mesh sieve lined with muslin, strain Fudge yoghurt overnight. Discard liquid and reserve the thickened yoghurt – this is your fudge labneh.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 20cm cake tin.
- To make the cake, combine all dry ingredients in a bowl. Add coconut oil and mix to coat.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix to combine. Pour ⅔ of the mixture into your prepared tin. Dollop spoonfuls of the labneh over top – make sure not to add too much, or the cake will be too moist. Gently swirl through with a knife. You can reserve some for spreading over the finished cake.
- Dollop remaining cake batter over and smooth the top. Bake at 180°C 20 minutes, then reduce heat to 160°C and cook for an additional 30 minutes, until browned on top. The cake will be fudgey and will set as it cools. Serve warm or chilled, with reserved fudge labneh and maple syrup.